Office of the AVP of Research
Dr. Gautam works in conjunction with Dr. Fred L. King, Vice President for Research and with faculty and associate research deans to implement the strategic plan for research and economic development.
He assists both individual investigators and multidisciplinary collaboratives across one or more colleges and is the principal contact with potential federal, state, and private-sector funding sources. Dr. Gautam insures the competency of the University research program to potential sponsors.
He oversees internal competitive grant programs and participates in strategic planning for university-wide research centers.
Dr. Gautam hosts regularly scheduled meetings of Center directors.
Members of the Cabinet include:
- Richard Bajura, National Research Center for Coal and Energy, http://www.nrcce.wvu.edu
- Mel Croucher, Polymer Research Center
- Bob Duval, Center for Intelligence and National Security Analysis
- Ali Feliachi, Advanced Power & Electricity Research Center, http://www.aperc.wvu.edu
- David Lederman, WVNano Initiative http://wvnano.wvu.edu
- Max Houck, Forensic Science Initiative, http://www.wvu.edu/~forsci/
- Randy Jackson, Regional Research Institute, http://www.rri.wvu.edu/
- LaRue Williams, Director, Homeland Security Programs http://hsp.wvu.edu/
Dr. Mridul Gautam
Associate Vice President for Research
886 Chestnut Ridge Road, Room 722
PO Box 6216
Morgantown WV 26506-6216